- learn a variety of songs drawn from different areas of the tradition
- online, one-to-one courses taught via Skype
- song texts and historical notes about the songs provided
- mp3 recordings of songs provided to aid your practice
- lessons include vocal techniques, including warm-up exercises, breathing and ornamentation
- melody learning is ‘by ear’, so there’s no written music – learn using the traditional method!
Learning via Skype means you can learn a range of traditional Scottish songs from wherever you are in the world! Choose from Gaelic, Scots, or a mixture of both. Drawn from different areas of the tradition, you’ll learn different types of song as well as receiving guidance on vocal technique and information about the historical background of the songs. The classes are suitable for all levels of singing and language ability. No prior knowledge of Gaelic (or Scots!) is necessary as translations and pronunciation guidance will be given if desired.
Online lessons are taught via Skype. You’ll need a camera and microphone on your computer or device, and a hi-speed internet connection is recommended. For enquiries, availability and prices please get in touch via the contact page.